Wednesday, April 19

Daily Mass/ Communion service

Ever since I got baptized, I've been going to daily mass. A whopping three days, I know, but hear me out. I find the time good for me to be able to receive the eucharist and to take time in front of the Blessed Sacrament to say my evening prayers. It takes about 40 minutes total, and it's right after work, so it's very convenient.

Their Communion Service is odd, though. Basically on Monday, there was a Deacon so the entire structure was the same as Mass except no Eucharistic Prayer. Tuesday was a regular mass. Today the Communion Service was conducted with a lay person, so it was a Reader's Digest version of everything. Much less prayer, no homily, that kind of thing. I asked Deacon L about it at class today, and he said it's very valid and that it's common due to the priest shortage that we are having these days for many churches to do this. It eased my mind quite a bit. It's a real blessing to be able to spend time at the Chapel and especially to receive the Eucharist every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home