Thursday, April 6

Holy Week Meme

I never ever get tagged for memes, so I figured if the 2006 Best Catholic Blog by a Woman author tags me, I should go ahead and do it. Plus, I owe her, because every time she plugs my blog I get twice the average hits in one day.
___________________


Lent is almost over and this Sunday is Palm Sunday already! I thought it would be fun to share what we do special to commemorate the Passion and Resurrection of Our Lord.


1. What do you do with your new blessed palm from Palm Sunday?

This is my first Palm Sunday going to a Catholic Mass, since I'm a convert and all. I plan on putting it behind my Crucifix near my bed. I figure that's festive, right?


2. What do you do with your old one from last year?
See #1

3. What do you do during Holy Week in preparation for Good Friday?

I'm taking the entire week off of work. I call it my "Becoming Catholic" vacation. I'm going to go to Mass every day at the Cathedral, except Sunday where it's going to be too insane. I'll most probably go to the Chapel in the morning to receive my blessed palm.

I'm also planning on going to the Chrism Mass on Tuesday evening with my friend L, and to the Holy Thursday evening Mass. On Thursday, I am going to be volunteering at a Catholic school for special needs children all day to help with my vocation discernment. On Good Friday, I plan on fasting, praying, reading, and really preparing for Easter Vigil spiritually.

4. How do you commemorate Christ's Passion on Good Friday?

I plan on going to Mass, as well as hopefully doing a Stations of the Cross that day on my own.

5. When do you color Easter eggs?
No kids, no Easter eggs.

6. When do you buy Easter candy?

The day after Easter because it's 50% off. I love those malted milk balls with the speckled candy shell! I'm also very partial to Jelly Bellies. That has nothing to do with Easter, I just really like them.

7. What is the first thing you plan to do Easter morning?

Pee.

I don't know that many bloggers who read my blog, but I'll tag Brad, Lilder, and anyone else who wants to do it. Just say I tagged you. :)

3 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice honesty there!

Were I to be that honest it would go something along the lines of, "try to remember to take my temperature before getting up to pee".

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

I'm also taking next week off to go to Mass each day. Congratulations on attending your first Psalm Sunday Mass.

So are you going to enter the Church on Holy Saturday then?

And, ps: There is no Mass on Good Friday. We attend Church and receive Communion, but the Consecration is not permitted on Good Friday. There is no music allowed during Church this day either because it is such a sad day.

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear CJMR, good one! Fortunately for me, My DH sticks the thermometer in my mouth before going to work, and I don't have to even open my eyes! heehee
Oh, BTW, Cynthia, have you and Dan taken an NFP class yet? I suppose that's next......

Linda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home