Wednesday, May 10

New Catholic programming on Sirius radio

I got a Sirius radio for my New Beetle for Christmas, and from the instant it was in the car, I was in love. There's 2-3 stations for just about any musical genre that you might want to listen to, plus they have EWTN Radio. I listen to Catholic Answers almost every day on the way home from work and enjoy listening to the Q&A sessions on the show. I also love commercial-free music. That's the #1 reason why I wanted sattelite radio - I hate commercials. I don't want to be manipulated into spending my money.

I mostly picked Sirius over XM because I really wanted access to EWTN Radio. Now to have a choice of Catholic programming is going to be wonderful! As long as the new network is Orthodox in its guests and programming, I will tune in.

American Papist blog mentioned this article which discusses the new satellite radio venture:

Sirius to launch Catholic radio channel
Effort will include daily Mass from New York's archdiocese


NEW YORK - Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. said Wednesday it would create a new channel of Catholic-themed programming with the Archdiocese of New York.

The channel, which will launch in the fall, will carry live daily Mass from St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York as well as talk and music programming. Financial terms of the arrangement weren’t disclosed.

Full text of article

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home