Monday, November 28

Cleaning out my closet

Yesterday, my husband did some rearranging of the furniture in our loft. When he did, I realized I had a huge section of one of my small bookshelves with different copies of LDS literature, plus a couple of small books. I ended up throwing the small books away, and putting the scriptures in with my journals.

I replaced the books with my copy of the Catechism, and my bible and my Sunday missal. It felt good to do that.

I find myself identifying with being Catholic more and more as the days go by. I wish I could go to Mass more, I wish I could go to more classes to learn about the church. But for now, I will go to RCIA and go to mass on the weekends.

I am really enjoying being a Catholic. I don't know how to describe it actually, except I feel like a different person. I don't know if my countenance has changed, as the Mormons would say, but I do feel different. I don't think my husband minds the changes in me.

I wish I could have more of an Opus Dei type attitude about things (not that I have any desire to join). I wish I could see the sacredness in everyday activities. For example, I wish I could see the sacredness in cleaning my bathroom and scooping the litter boxes. I would love to be able to find spiritual motivation in doing the mundane tasks of everyday life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home