Monday, May 15

All Things Benedict

This weekend, while at Sacred Heart bookstore to buy a cross for a wedding gift for the convalidation we attended this weekend, I also bought a few cool things for myself. As most readers know by this point, I have this special affinity for the St. Benedict jubilee medal. Well, the bookstore had a rather nifty little St. Benedict rosary (like the one in this picture), so I had to get it. It's very cool - I love the black beads. The only thing tricky about getting anything with a St. Benedict medal is that I have to get it blessed with a certain prayer that is specific for St. Benedict jubliee medals. And it takes a bit for the prayers to be said. But it's worth it to have these sacramentals as part of my devotions.

I also got my very own copy of the hot-off-the-presses book "Decoding Mary Magdalene" by Amy Welborn. I figure it was a slightly better way to spend my money than to see The DaVinci Code this weekend. I've read quite a bit about Mary Magdalene since deciding to pick her as one of my Conversion saints, and I am looking forward to getting to read even more about her, especially from an established Catholic author.

Finally, I was able to procure a copy of the new Compendium to the Catechism of the Catholic Church. So far I really love the layout, but I'll have to give you another review once I've gotten through the entire book. I love the prayers in Latin in the back. I'm trying to memorize the Anima Christi, so that I can say it during my post-communion prayers in Mass. It's my favorite prayer in Latin.

1 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Norbert said...

Hello, greetings from Germany. As Catholic it is very interesting to read your ecellent blogs. Thank you. And greetings to Dirk Nowitzky from the Mavericks.
Alfred from Berlin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home