Thursday, May 25

Confession

I tried to go to confession last Saturday, before the Vigil Mass, at the Chapel. But apparently there was a guest priest who didn't make it into the Chapel until 5:45p or so and we weren't able to do confession.

Today I tried to go to the only place I know of that does weekly confession at night outside of business hours - St Thomas Aquinas. I left Grand Prairie at 4:55p and drove into Dallas via 183 and Loop 12. I parked my car at 5:50p. There were a LOT of cars there, but I figured it was something to do with the school. I was partially right. I walked into a very crowded chapel, and there were no confessions happening. Instead, a bell choir was playing, and there were people everywhere. Apparently it was some kind of service for graduating Seniors, maybe a graduation Mass or something. I ended up turning around and going home because I was so disappointed about not being able to confess, plus the crowds made me nervous.

I really do want to confess. I think I'm going to have to break down and go on a Saturday afternoon, which is seriously inconvenient, but the only time most parishes offer scheduled confession. The Chapel runs confession every weekday, but only during the lunch hour so I can't participate because I'm in Grand Prairie working. At the church where I go to Daily Mass, Holy Family, the only time they do confession is Saturday afternoon. Same with the Cathedral - only 45 minutes worth of confession before the English-speaking Vigil Mass on Saturdays.

Ugh, I wish they offered Confession at more times during the week than they do.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always call and schedule a confession. That way it can suit your schedule and you can choose your confessor and build a good relationship with that one confessor.

That is a huge bonus to me, because I really don't want to have to confess to the same sin again... it helps me not stray.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home