Tuesday, January 3

EWTN Radio on Sirius

This morning, I got to listen to Daily Mass on EWTN Radio on my brand spankin' new Sirius receiver. It was quite a blessing! I am definitely going to have to get up early and go to work early so I can listen to it in the mornings.

I've been toying with the idea of going to daily Mass near work in Grand Prairie, but it's at a convent and I'm a touch apprehensive. I did e-mail there, and they said that it's a public mass so I should feel free to come. I don't know why I am nervous about going - it's church, everyone is welcome. I'm sure if I started coming on a regular basis that I would make friends and feel comfortable. The only major disadvantage is that it starts at 7a most mornings, except when school is not in session. I normally don't even wake up until 7:15a. Of course, if I went to bed at a reasonable hour, it wouldn't be an issue.

I've been getting to bed, and then praying a rosary and then some other prayers when I get there, so I don't actually get to sleep until 45+ minutes after I get into bed. But I feel better ending my day with some communication. It seems to help me sleep better. It feels very odd to pray still, but I think I'm getting better at it. I think.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration to me. I need motivation to pray, and right now, you are encouraging me!
Do try to go to the chapel. If I am not mistaken, it is a Tridentine Mass-- such a blessing to the Church. It will take a while to get used to, and it might be hard to follow, but remember: The priest is offering the sacrifice on your behalf and you don't [really] need to "know what's going on" to receive the graces poured out at the Holy Sacrifice on the Altar.
Peace to you and may your new year be as blessed as your Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home