Thursday, February 2

Convalidation Saga, Part IV

I was completely frantic on my way home from work. I couldn't figure out what I was going to do about my Free To Marry letter. I even called up "Catholic Answers" on EWTN Radio and talked to a Canon lawyer, and there were no loopholes. I got home and cried I was so upset and frustrated.

I got to the church, and explained my situation to Deacon L, the teacher of my RCIA class, and he said that using my best friend Michael as a reference for the Free To Marry letter would be just fine since I've known him for 13 years. Whew! So I called him today, and we have an appointment to meet briefly with the priest from Holy Family in Irving to get the letter co-signed. I've already filled it out.

Now all I have to do is get the letter signed by both Michael and the priest from Holy Family and fax it in, and I believe that Dan's grandmoter should be faxing her sheet in for Dan's Free To Marry letter today, so that makes things all good on both ends. And then we can ACTUALLY get convalidated! I think.

We're not totally out of the woods yet, though. We're still waiting on Dan's baptismal certificate. But it should be there today or tomorrow at the very latest since it was mailed on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home