Saturday, February 18

Divine Mercy

Mercy25K


I love saying the Rosary, but sometimes it's hard to focus, and sometimes I get distracted. But I love saying the Divine Mercy chaplet. I feel closer to God and to Christ when I say it. It's a very soothing devotion to me.

I feel so blessed to be the recipient of Christ's mercy. I know that I've been a sinner many times in my life. And yet through this conversion process, I have felt the love and mercy of Christ many times.

I found this neat little book at Half Price books last night called "The Image of Mercy" by Bishop Emilio S. Allue, SDB and Kathleen Keefe. From what I've read in it, it's a beatiful little book explaining the Divine Mercy, and the different kinds of devotions dedicated to the Divine Mercy. It also goes into great detail about the blessings of enthronement of the Divine Mercy portrait in the home. I have a couple of prayer cards with the picture that I display in my home. I also pray the Divine Chaplet whenever I spend time in the Blessed Sacrament chapel at Holy Family.

2 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Julie D. said...

I also like this devotion a lot. Initially because we learned it during formation after a retreat. But it encompasses so very much in such simple prayer that the Divine Mercy Chaplet has a special place in my heart of its own merit now.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is so incredibly powerful.

Most of us think of 3pm as "the hour of mercy" and the best time to pray the chaplet. But I find myself woken during the 3am hour a lot, so I keep a rosary on my nightstand and try to pray The Chaplet then too. Something to consider.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home