Tuesday, February 7

Enduring to the end

This is an excerpt from an e-mail I sent my friend L. I said some good stuff, so I thought I'd log it. We had been dialoguing about how it was getting hard to go to 2-3 different churches in one week, and to be doing extra volunteer work on top of that on her part, and me going to classes and retreats on top of all that.

Even though I'm not doing volunteering activities like you, I feel like I'm just all over the place, with daily mass in Irving 1-2 times a week and Saturday mass at St. Jude's and Sunday mass at the Cathedral. When I first started all this I felt as if St. Jude's was my church "home", but now I'm experiencing all kinds of churches and I feel stretched thin.

Although it's not quite as orthodox as I would like, the little daily Mass on T-Th at Holy Family of Nazareth looks like it's going to be a good fit for me to go to daily mass. They start at 5:30p, which is a fantastic time for me, and then after they do the mass, they have group prayers of the Rosary and the Divine Mercy, and I really enjoy doing group prayer. Plus on Thursday nights, they have Eucharistic Adoration from 6p-7p, so I can do that once a week. I'm definitely looking forward to that for the first time this Thursday.

With Fr. C in the priory for a few weeks [recovering from a neck operation], it kind of gives me an opportunity to focus on my RCIA catechism at the Cathedral and getting a few other things taken care of, like the convalidation ceremony and things like that. And I don't have to worry about taking up too much of Fr. C's time. For some reason, I worry about that a lot. I know that the people involved with RCIA at the Cathedral are specifically dedicated to getting me through this process, but I feel that with Fr. C, his resources should be focused on making sure you and the gentleman get through to Easter vigil, and any kind of learning I get is on top of that. It's not like he's offended me in any way or anything, I just don't want to be a drain on him since I've already got those resources set up for me.

Now that we've pretty much got all of Dan and I's paperwork ready to go, I can laugh about it a bit, but yeah, it has been quite a comedy of errors. When I heard that the Convalidation ceremony was cancelled, I laughed out loud and then snickered for quite some time every time I thought about it. I guess God wants to make sure I'm not fooling around with all of this stuff. But you'd think God would know what a stickler I am about paperwork and getting my i's dotted and my t's crossed. If he was going to try to stump me, he should have been more challenging. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home