Thursday, March 2

My First Ashing

I ended up going to the Cathedral to get ashed instead of going to my little Chapel down the street. When I left my building by my car and drove by the Chapel, I realized I made the right choice - the place was overflowing with people! It was nice to see so many people anxious to go to church.

I ended up sitting with my friends Nancy and Greg during Mass. Deacon L was the person who ended up giving me the ashes. The Bishop of the Diocese led the service.

I really liked the service because they played "traditional" songs instead of the more complicated ones they normally play at Sunday mass. I recognized all the songs and could sing along well.

All in all, it was a nice Ash Wednesday.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Matthew said...

That sounds like a great Ash Wednesday. I have been Catholic for a few years, and Ash Wednesday is one of my favorite days of the year. Holy Week is my favorite time - one full of spiritual time.

I wanted to thank you for linking to my blog "A Catholic Life." I will return the favor, and I hope that you continue to grow in love of the Catholic Church. I learned one very important thing when I went through RCIA - it is the Church of Jesus Christ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home