Thursday, March 2

I really should have thought this through

I thought about and pondered over what to "give up" during Lent. I figured that in addition to the plans I had made to do certain things each day, that giving something up was definitely in the spirit of Lent.

I finally decided on drinking nothing but water or juice during Lent (no tea, no coffee, no Cokes, no wine, no beer, no chocolate milk, etc). When I told my husband yesterday, he looked at me and said, "So what are you going to do for caffeine?" Oops.

I've been in the throes of a seriously wicked caffeine withdrawl headache all day. I did take some Excedrin, which contain a little caffeine in addition to painkillers, but it hasn't helped much at all. It's been over an hour since I took the medicine, too.

The purpose of giving things up for Lent is to be in union with Christ's sufferings. Well, I'm definitely in Union with his pain right now. My head's killing me!

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Julie D. said...

Ah yes, I will never again go without caffeine as I did my second Lent. I truly can say I need your pain! :-)

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!

Tip from a flight attendant, who knows a thing or two about it: Drink lots of water...it WILL help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home