Thursday, January 26

My Confirmation name

I have decided on picking St. Mary Magdalen and St. Jude as my confirmation patron saints, with a confirmation name of Mary Magdalen Jude. I like the story of Mary Magdalen, how she started life as a rich woman, but plagued with sin. When she saw Jesus, though, she annointed him with oil and begged for his mercy and was a pentient woman from then on. I've been reading Mary Magdalen: In the Visions of Anne Catherine Emmerich, and it's a very interesting book. While I'm taking what is written with a grain of salt, I'm also finding it very interesting. I truly hope the things in the book to be true.

I also feel greatly indebted to St. Jude for my conversion. I feel he was my first "friend" I made during this Christian walk. Through him I have learned how to ask for intercessions from saints, and I go to St. Jude's Chapel for church every week. When I first went to church, and I found out that St. Jude was the patron saint of hopeless causes, I knew I was in the right place.

I think that the choice of the two speaks a lot about my conversion. I started life pretty wild, but as soon as I realized the truth of the eucharist and of the Catholic church, I became pentient and desired only to be closer to Christ. And I was such as hopeless cause, but with the support of Christ, and the church, and all the angels and saints, I do not have to make this journey alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home